See more T&J here...

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Road side wreck to GORGEOUS!

I found a sad little broken up kids lounge chair while walking my pooch the other day, looking decidedly worse for wear, the ugly "upholstery" was torn and faded and the seat completely broken: I saw a challenge and a clear vision...


Above: BEFORE
Below: AFTER!


I kept the old fabric underneath and covered it over with a heavy weight cotton print fabric from Ikea, starting around the back and sides, then folding it neatly over the arms, and a seperate panel at the front. Then I replaced the broken seat base (wood), re-upholstered it and fixed it all in place. It was a fairly simple operation in the end - and the staple gun is my best friend!!



I'm pretty happy with this result and Hugo is well pleased to have this added to his pretty cool room!

8 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Simply fabulous my love, lucky HUGO indeed!! It looks like a completely different piece of furniture from clumsy to sharp!! Love Posie

Emma Davidson said...

Looks fabulous! Go the staple gun :)

Lily said...

Bloody hell... you are so awesome! Meanwhile can you give me some interior design advice?? My venetian blinds are driving me INSANE! I was thinking of making some curtains... but are they really daggy? I'm completely incompetent with interior design... I looked through all your photos looking for curtains but couldn't see any! Do you know of any good websites/blogs with pictures of curtains or do you just think they're awful?

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

From ghetto to gorgeous! Love it.

Lily said...

Hi! Glad you like my coat! I made my own pattern (took me about 7 goes to get the hood right). I am going to look into how to upload pattern on Burdastyle... so I may put them up in the vaguely near future if it's not too hard.

ninaribena said...

Lily that would absolutely ROCK!! although I wouldn't know where to start getting a pattern up on Burda! Now, about your curtains... I have also long been a curtain hater and had quite the conundrum when it came to curtains for my house... if I could, I'd have no curtains at all!! I did settle for some big eyelet blockout curtains from Target (of all places) in a neutral colour (they're pretty cool), but if I could do the whole house over (and had the budget) I'd be doing something like this... http://studiohopscotch.blogspot.com/2009/11/finishing-touches.html (from Barb Fisher's blog! - couldn't have said it better Barb!)

good luck with yours Lily,
xxx

softspoken said...

so wonderful!

softspoken said...

so wonderful!

Visit me at

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago